Pages

Monday 28 June 2010

From Miami to Mice! Glamour all the way!

Oh my Goodness! Talk about coming back down to earth with a bump!

This blog will definitely reassure you that being a makeup artist is not as glamorous as we like to believe! I'm sitting at Edinburgh Airport writing this, waiting to board my plane back to Heathrow!

Now, I must begin my telling you that I love Edinburgh, it's one of my favourite cities in the world! I have some amazing memories involving Scotland's Capital and last time I was here my future husband proposed so, as you can imagine, I was thrilled to be coming back for work!

I was due to take a Masterclass at Harvey Nichols at 6.30pm and gave myself plenty of time to get to the accomodation I'd booked, do a quick change,slap on some makeup and dump my case! This is where it all started to unravel! Now, on my travels, I usually book hotels but on occasion like to stay at those serviced apartments, especially if it is for a few nights, because you are able to cook for yourself etc. So, I booked Edinburgh Apartments, also known as Scottishapartment.com! I arrived at the "apartment" block and when no one answered I called the number on the email, only to be told that I have to visit the office first to collect the keys! What???????? So, I proceeded to get a taxi over there to pick them, up which left me no time to go back and freshen up!

Can you even imagine what is coming next? No! I ended up changing in a shopping centre toilet cubicle and then dashing to Harvey Nichols to lecture women on how to look effortless! Hahaha! Well, on a good note, the Masterclass went extremely well and the women and myself all had a great time and they went away very happy......and oblivious to my dressing room drama!

As it was late by the time I left, I took my suitcase and went straight to the apartment......one word...... disgusting! The amusing part of this story is that the woman in the office insisted on reminding me about 4 times that I would be charged for any damage! DAMAGE?!?!?!?! Damage would have been doing this place a favour! Cracked TV, only 2 channels working, hair on the bed sheets, damp on the bathroom ceiling and then to top it all off.....when I went looking for an ironing board, I open a cupboard door to find that I was sharing this "apartment"! With MICE!!! Well, a mouse trap, which I took as a big indictor that there was mice in the block!

To cut a very long story, short! The people running this organisation were useless, don't get me wrong, they offered me another apartment the following day......in the same block! Wow, genius! Thanks! As, you can imagine, I returned the keys the next day and booked into a hotel! I'm awaiting a refund, which I was informed had to come from Lastminute.com! 7-10 working days!

In short, what I'm telling you, is never,never, never book accommodation through these people, they couldn't even bring themselves to say sorry!

So, there is my story from Miami to Mice! Glamorous huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment